I began my career as a classroom teacher and went on to design curriculum and teach environmental and outdoor education as a naturalist in the redwoods. Then I began to deepen my ecological awareness by studying ecological design, urban planning, and permaculture design.
I teach workshops in a variety of settings that range from classrooms, urban parks, universities, environmental centers, farms, national and international convergences, and prisons.
My workshops are interactive, engaging, and leave participants connected and inspired.
- Healing through storytelling
- Ancestral connection & familial ties to earth and environment
- Solution oriented change-making: sharing models of what is possible
- Accessibility to anyone—regardless of entry point
- Unpacking systemic problems by narrowing in on one social justice issue
- Building cross-cultural relationships
- Inspiring leadership & professional development
- Climate Change 101
- Introduction to Permaculture
- Permaculture Teacher Trainings
- Design for Social Innovation
- Social Permaculture
- Activism as Social Entrepreneurs
Growing Leadership and Building Empowered Communities (AnneMarie Organics company presentation)
CURRENT TEACHING PARTNERSHIPS:
Earth activist training and Social Permaculture Course with Starhawk
- Permaculture Teacher Training for Women with Lisa DePiano at the Omega Institute and the Permaculture Skills Center